One of my goals for 2016 is to up my reading game. I’ve always been an avid reader, but this year I really want to focus on reading books that are pertinent to the paths I am following (herbalist, doula, bad ass mom, etc.) and help me grow in those paths.
Inspired by the Facebook page A Year of Books, I plan on reading a book every 2 weeks. Unlike A Year of Books, I’ll be re-reading some books that I’ve already read – I’ll also be reading older books instead of new releases.
So if you’re interested, join me in this fun adventure! If you do decide to follow along, be sure to post in the comments on this page, or leave a message on my Facebook page, letting me know what book you’re on and what you like/dislike about it.
Here’s my 26 books (1 book every 2 weeks) for 2016:
- Homebirth in the Hospital, by Stacey Kerr, MD.
- Herbal Healing for Women, by Rosemary Gladstar
- The Birth Partner, by Penny Simkin, P.T.
- Eve’s Herbs: A History of Contraception and Abortion in the West, by John M. Riddle
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility, by Toni Weschler
- Cunt: A Declaration of Independence, by Inga Muscio, Ph.D.
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding, by Ina May Gaskin
- Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent’s Guide, by Aviva Romm, M.D.
- The Male Herbal: Health Care for Men and Boys, by James Green
- The Official Lamaze Guide, by Judith Lothian, RN, Ph.D.
- Women’s Anatomy of Arousal, by Sheri Winston, CNM, RN, BSN
- Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method, by Marie F. Mongan
- Los Remedios: Traditional Herbal Remedies of the Southwest, by Michael Moore
- Birth Over Thirty-Five, by Sheila Kitzinger
- Herbal Antivirals, by Stephen Harrod Buhner
- Childbirth Without Fear, by Grantly Dick-Read
- The White Goddess, by Robert Graves
- The Premature Baby Book, by William Sears, M.D., Robert Sears M.D., and James Sears, M.D.
- Aradia, by Charles Godfrey Leland
- The Attachment Parenting Book, by William Sears, M.D. and Martha Sears.
- Planetary Herbology, by Michael Tierra
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers, by Jack Newman, M.D.
- Medical Herbalism, by David Hoffmann
- Beyond the Blues, by Shoshana S. Bennett.
- Herbal Antibiotics, by Stephen Harrod Buhner
- When Survivors Give Birth, by Penny Simkin
P.S. Don’t forget, you can get used books from Amazon for as low as $0.01! Also, don’t forget to check your local library for some of these books. Happy Reading!